Yudlugar is a solo act which has existed for around 10 years in one form or another. Musically it has gradually transitioned through many styles of music, starting off with noise and drone, moving through jungle and breakcore before arriving at it's current destination. A learning curve has existed and it has really been over the last 1-2 years where the quality has reached a level which has allowed the project to take off.
2. How would you describe your musical sound?
I use black metal samples and influences within a framework of speedcore as well as elements of breakcore. I try and keep the sound raw, heavy and relentless. 
3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the project explores with the music?
With a few exceptions, I don't write lyrics. Although I sample vocals, I'm more interested in the contribution of the vocals to the overall sound of the music, rather than the lyrical content. 
4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the projects name?
The word "Yudlugar" doesn't really have a meaning, it was made up during a game of scrabble (it was challenged and it didn't score any points)
5. Recently you have released a split with Moloch, what are your opinions about the other project that participated?
   Sergiy's music is great, as I mentioned earlier I had a period where I made drone music and for 2-3 years I was very much into the doom, drone, southern lord type stuff. I hadn't had much exposure to the depressive black metal style he does but it is exactly the sort of music I like to listen to. The split came about as a result of the remix I did for him and I especially like his vocals and guitar tone. 

6. The split came out on Legs Akimbo Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
 It's a fairly new label but so far has released stuff (or is about to) from Total Fucking Destruction, Skat Injector, Screamerklauz, Hatewire, Pressterror, Corecaine, Disco Cunt and Sadistic Foxician. Alongside the physical releases there is a net label and there is a lot of good stuff available for free through there - including the split I did with Nuh at the end of 2011. I like the label because there is no strict musical policy as far as genres are concerned and going through the releases I've been introduced to some stuff I wouldn't normally listen to.

7. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal and breakbeat music?
Well, it's been very mixed but I think it's clear that not everyone who enjoys the individual components will enjoy the end result of what I create. I've played some grind gigs, metal gigs, raves and had some positive responses. I find my music is received better in certain countries, such as Germany and Poland.
8. Are there any other musical projects besides this one or is this full time?
Everything I create is done under the "Yudlugar" name but there are some very different styles that come out of it. I recently made an ambient track for a Splatterkore Reck-ords compilation!
9. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
   I'm working on another release for towards the end of the year which will be more of a grim, necro style. I also have plans for a release based around mathematical sequences, such as 666, 666666, 666666666, 666666666666 and so on but I have no idea how that will end up sounding. I make music that I want to listen to so to an extent, the direction will be vary much based around my place in life. 

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
   My music has mainly been introduced by various clubnights around the UK, including Panzram Industrial and Earblender. I find I am at my most productive the few days after spending a night listening to extreme music. Obviously my music is heavily influenced by the bands I sample - bands like, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Emperor, Marduk, 1349 - I use samples from artists that I respect. 

Currently, I'm listening to Omega Sir, Junkie Kut, Whourkr, Satan and Hatewire.

11. Does Satanism or Occultism play any role in your music?
Not directly, although I suppose those themes are present through samples that I use.  

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
Chess, Football, Acoustics.

13. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
Well, I'll share a couple of links:
Also, I'm always on the look out for bands/vocalists to collaborate with or remix and for that or any live bookings contact: