Monday, November 29, 2010

Satani Infernalis Interview


1. Can you update us with what is going on with Satani Infernalis these days and what we can expect in the upcoming future?


Dantalian: I have been finishing up the last track for the new album, as well as the final mixing and mastering of the finished tracks. There is a limited release vinyl coming up with Thanatos Records (formerly Project Omega Music). The CD release should be out shortly after. I have no intention on slowing down with producing new black metal. There will be lots more on the way.

2. How would you describe the musical sound of the newer release?


Dantalian: The newer material is similar to the older songs, but now the arrangements are better, the vocals are how I want them, as well as the new material has a more crisp sound. I don't like the guitars to sound like a bunch of noise. All around the music has evolved.

3. What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects that the newer music explores?


Dantalian: The lyrics are all loosely based around a concept of apocalypse, and a satanic rule. The lyrics do very from performing ritual, to the apocalypse itself, war, hate, occultism. The lyrics topics usually don't change much, but the writing, and structure do improve.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name Satani Infernalis?


Dantalian: Satani Infernalis is a latin term meaning, "Satan Infernal." I'm a Satanist. The name is really my respect to the dark energies.

5. Do you have any other projects, or is this a full time project?


Dantalian: I am actually writing material for a metal project. It's called The Silver Serpent Cult. I'm doing some vocals, and all guitars. I'm working with Colette Claire on lead vocals. That's a bit different from Satani, but still heavy as fuck.

6. In the past you have worked with other musicians, and now are a one man project, do you have any plans with working with other musicians in the future?


Dantalian: Of course. I would prefer to have a full line up for Satani. It always seems that to move forward I have to do everything myself. I hope to find the right people to play with.

7.What direction do you see the music heading into during the future?


Dantalian: Definitely more technical. Not that I'll be sacrificing the atmosphere, just enhancing it. Hopefully get a full line up to work with and expand this propaganda machine.


8.satani infernalis recently made a deal with Project Omega music(Thanatos Records). How did this deal come about, How has it worked out thus far, and what do you expect from them in the future?


Dantalian: Lloyd approached me after he listened to the myspace tracks. Unfortuanately the parent label backed out on him. The label is now a new fresh label. So far Lloyd has gotten Satani Infernalis radio play, and has a vinyl release in the works. He plans to expand into CD's and merch in time. I like the label. All good metal labels started small. I see the future looking good for both Satani and the label. Hopefully in the future we will have tour support as well.


9. How have black metal fans worldwide react to the musical sound that has came out of your releases?


Dantalian: Satani has some pretty die hard fans all over the world. I get a lot of requests for Satani to play in Austria, Germany, Norway, Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, well you get the point. I am working on getting a show in Dennmark hosted by Nigrum Serpentis. Travel arrangements and line up problems have postponed this temporarily though. The fans react positively.

10. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?


Dantalian: I have a long list of influences. Emperor, Dark Fortress, Sargeist, Behexen, Gravespawn, etc. Styles include some death metal, good black metal, classical, you get it.

11. How would you describe your views on Satanism or Occultism?


Dantalian: That's a really long answer. I'll give you basics. I'm an individual Satanist. I have a satanic philosophy that is not like any of the organized Satanic groups. I don't believe any one way to view something is right. Satanism is suppose to be the opposite. Question all things. My Satanic study and philosophy are diverse in many different ideas. I'm working on writing a book about it. That's on the back burner right now.

12. Outside of music what are some of your interests?


Dantalian: Writing, and Movies. Mainly horror films. I'm a huge horror movie fan. Art.

13. Any final words or thoughts before we close this interview?


Dantalian: Sure. Buy the album! Haha. Great booze, great sex, great smoke, and BLACK FUCKING METAL!!!!

Bandcamp
Facebook
ReverbNation

1 comment: